We are so excited you are interested in being a Young Life leader here in one of the areas in the Boulder Metro. It is an amazing calling and privilege to walk with kids, be a light in their life, and one day earn the right to introduce them to Jesus. The first steps we ask you to take as you pursue this calling are important, as they not only tell us more about you, give you a clear idea of what is expected of a leader, and initiate your training process so you feel equipped and prepared to jump in with our leadership team.
We understand that the following can look daunting, but it is not so bad. It actually goes rather quick. The reason for these steps is first and foremost that we are protecting kids, giving them our best, and helping new leaders feel comfortable and knowledgeable so we aren’t throwing you into the deep end.
Complete Parts 1 and 2 before you set up your interview! We like to see people take these “First Steps” so we know leaders are really interested. Of course, if you have questions or concerns you can always contact your area staff (see Contact Tab).
Part 1: Application, Lifestyle, Covenant, Conduct
(All necessary files are at the bottom of the page, fill out app on computer and email to Benny when complete)
1) Complete our Volunteer Leader Application so that you have a great understanding of Young Life and we have a good understanding of you. This is required of everyone who wants to be a leader.
2) Email your completed application to your area staff.
3) Review our Lifestyle, Mission, and Commitment Covenant. Print and sign (you’ll bring to interview).
4) Review Young Life’s Faith and Conduct.
Part 2: Boot Camp – Read the Training Manual and Watch the RightNowMedia.org Videos
1) Download the Training Manual (below) or Save it to your home screen- Open up the first page and find the “Boot Camp” section.
2) You will receive an email invitation to RightNowMedia.org (YL Access) as well as your “New Leader Boot Camp” that consists of a brief video training each night for 6 nights (can also be found in the top right “inbox” when you log into the site.)
The training manual is only ~60 pages. It should only take a week if you break it up and read ten pages per night and watch the short video training that goes with each section. RightNow tracks your progress each time you complete a training video.
Part 3: Set Up Your Interview
Email your area staff to say you have completed all of your super fun paperwork and “Boot Camp” training! Yay! And now are ready to set up a time to interview!
Part 4: Post-Interview
1) You will receive an email from Young Life regarding a background check and driver questionnaire. These must be completed before you can jump in with kids.
2) We will let you know what team we fill is the best fit for you! Then you can jump in!
3) Put all club, camps, and retreats into your calendar, and immediately inform staff if you already see some big conflicts.
FILL OUT – Email completed to Area staff
SIGN – Bring Signed Copy to Interview
READ AS YOU WATCH VIDEOS